Renewable energy and biochemical consulting firms like Lee Enterprises Consulting, Inc., have experts in Risk Management Compliance and Process Safety Management as well as other expertise in biofuels/renewable fuels, biomaterials, biomass and biomass power, feedstocks, bio technologies and a variety of specialty services. They should also have expertise in technologies like agitation systems, anaerobic digestion, bio-oil extraction, bioreactors, carbon capture, carbon storage, , carbonization, catalysis, cellulosic ethanol, clean-tech, direct combustion, enzyme technologies, fermentation, Fischer-Tropsch, gasification, genetic engineering, hydrothermal, nanotechnology, organosynthesis, power generation, pyrolysis, renewable technology due diligence, synthetic biology, thermochemical conversion, torrefaction, water treatment, and waste management.
Process Safety Management (PSMS) refers to a set of interrelated approaches to managing hazards associated with the process industries and is intended to reduce the frequency and severity of incidents resulting from releases of chemicals and other energy sources (US OSHA 1993). In renewable fuels (biofuels), as well as many other industries, the goal of process safety management is to develop plant systems and procedures to prevent unwanted releases that may ignite and cause toxic impacts, local fires or explosions.
At LEC, we have the expertise to complete Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RMP) compliance related services. The PSM and RMP programs are administered by OSHA (29 CFR 1910.119) and the EPA (40 CFR 68) and are for the management of highly hazardous chemicals. Our experts have performed PSM related work on facilities with ammonia refrigeration, flammables, chlorine and many other chemicals. They are familiar with current codes and standards as well as RAGAGEP for ammonia refrigeration systems and flammables containing processes. They can perform compliance services such as:
- Full initial PSM program development to fulfill the PSM & RMP standards.
- Assistance with RMP initiation for new facilities as a designated ‘preparer’.
- Three-Year Compliance Audits conforming with 29 CFR 1910.119 (o) and 40 CFR 68.79.
- Process Hazard Analysis for new facilities or a five-year revalidation conforming with 29 CFR 1910.119 (e) and 40 CFR 68.67.
- Project Hazard Review to fulfill Management of Change requirements to consider impact of change on safety and health as a project centered PHA. (29 CFR 1910.119 (l)(2)(ii) and 40 CFR 68.75 (b)(2)).
- Third-Party Compliance Audit when required for RMP covered facilities to fulfill requirements in 40 CFR 68.58, 68.79, 68.80 (implementation by March 15, 2021 per EPA).
Lee Enterprises Consulting is the world’s premier bioeconomy consulting group, with over 100 highly qualified experts serving in all sectors of the bioeconomy, including waste to energy matters. Take a look at our experts and the services we provide and you will see that we have just the right expert for any clean energy project. Most of our experts are also available to advise and serve as expert witnesses in bioeconomy litigation matters. For the larger projects, we specialize in putting together full service, interdisciplinary teams with one point of contact. Call us at 1+ (501) 833-8511 or email us for more information Feel free to call or email us for more information.