Can you improve ethanol revenues by 50-75 CPG? Corn ethanol can be a highly profitable business when a plant can reduce its Carbon Intensity. Which CI reduction alternatives can provide the best return on capital? Negative C.I. Ethanol is coming!
Business opportunities to increase CI revenue include:
- Crop waste-based energy supply, CHP for power and steam – boilers or digestors
- Waste biomass sources and delivered costs for your site; quality, logistics, availability
- Low C.I. impacts of several waste energy sources – Negative C.I. with certain fuels
- Process energy optimization: distillation, dehydration, and drying
- CCS – site-dependent, a most valuable low C.I. tool
- Fermentation CO2 and Green Hydrogen value-creating products
- Corn suppliers carbon intensity reduction – soil carbon sequestration
- LCFS regulatory requirements in all states
- Available federal and state incentives
Large renewable energy and biochemical consulting firms certainly have experts in biofuels and renewable biofuels like bioethanol, biodiesel, and renewable diesel, and the more common areas like biomaterials, biomass, biomass power, feedstocks, and biotechnology. In these larger consulting groups, one will also find energy consultants in some specialty areas like other biofuels like algae biofuels, aviation/bio-jet fuels, ethanol, cellulosic ethanol, advanced biofuels, biodiesel, renewable diesel, renewable natural gas, renewable and biochemicals, biogas, syngas, biochar, bio coals, biobutanol, pyrolysis oil, producer gas, and wood pellets.
With over 150 consultants worldwide, Lee Enterprises Consulting has the diverse experts and geographical reach to assist in virtually any bioeconomy project, including increasing ethanol revenues. We have a team of experts to help you identify and define options for your business – you will select those that help you most, and we can assist with project definition, LCFS pathways, permitting, supplier selection, and design reviews, supporting your own team. LEC is technology-neutral. We will help you evaluate all alternatives objectively. Our highly qualified teams bring a unique integration of technical, scientific, regulatory, and hands-on experience to any project. Look at our experts and the services we provide. Most of our experts are also available to advise and serve as expert witnesses in bioeconomy litigation matters. For the larger projects, we specialize in putting together full-service, interdisciplinary teams with one point of contact. See a video about LEC here. Call us at 1+ (501) 833-8511 or email us for more information.