Renewable energy and biochemical consulting firms like Lee Enterprises Consulting, Inc., have experts in Risk Management Compliance and Process Safety Management as well as other experts in biofuels/renewable fuels, biomaterials, biomass and biomass power, feedstocks, biotechnologies, and a variety of specialty services. They should also have expertise in technologies like agitation systems, anaerobic digestion, bio-oil extraction, bioreactors, carbon capture, carbon storage, carbonization, catalysis, cellulosic ethanol, clean-tech, direct combustion, enzyme technologies, fermentation, Fischer-Tropsch, gasification, genetic engineering, hydrothermal, nanotechnology, organosynthesis, power generation, pyrolysis, renewable technology due diligence, synthetic biology, thermochemical conversion, torrefaction, water treatment, and waste management.
While third-party involvement in a facility PSM/RMP program is not required by the standard (yet, as noted above) it can still provide beneficial results to your program. A third-party compliance auditor will not be biased toward the quality of the existing program or be fearful of repercussions from findings of non-compliance. Third-party auditors or PHA leaders also bring ‘fresh eyes’ to a facility’s PSM program and can provide insights or best practice suggestions to help streamline a PSM program or PHA facilitation session. Our experts have provided PSM services to over 40 facilities and can bring a wealth of knowledge on PSM program management.
At LEC, we have the expertise to complete Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RMP) compliance-related services. OSHA administers the PSM and RMP programs (29 CFR 1910.119) and the EPA (40 CFR 68) and are for the management of highly hazardous chemicals. Our experts have performed PSM-related work on facilities with ammonia refrigeration, flammables, chlorine, and many other chemicals. They are familiar with current codes and standards and RAGAGEP for ammonia refrigeration systems and flammables-containing processes. They can perform compliance services such as:
- Full initial PSM program development to fulfill the PSM & RMP standards.
- Assistance with RMP initiation for new facilities as a designated ‘preparer’.
- Three-Year Compliance Audits are conforming with 29 CFR 1910.119 (o) and 40 CFR 68.79.
- Process Hazard Analysis for new facilities or a five-year revalidation conforming with 29 CFR 1910.119 (e) and 40 CFR 68.67.
- Project Hazard Review to fulfill Management of Change requirements to consider the impact of change on safety and health as a project-centered PHA. (29 CFR 1910.119 (l)(2)(ii) and 40 CFR 68.75 (b)(2)).
- Third-Party Compliance Audit when required for RMP-covered facilities to fulfill requirements in 40 CFR 68.58, 68.79, 68.80 (implementation by March 15, 2021, per EPA).
Lee Enterprises Consulting is the world’s premier bioeconomy consulting group, with over 150 highly qualified experts serving in all sectors of the bioeconomy, including waste to energy matters. Take a look at our experts and the services we provide and you will see that we have just the right expert for any clean energy project. Most of our experts are also available to advise and serve as expert witnesses in bioeconomy litigation matters. For the larger projects, we specialize in putting together full-service, interdisciplinary teams with one point of contact. Call us at 1+ (501) 833-8511 or email us for more information Feel free to call or email us for more information.