USDA Notice of Solicitation of Applications (NOSA) Inviting Applications for Value-Added Producer Grants Fiscal Year (FY) 2024
This Notice announces that the Rural Business-Cooperative Service (Agency) is accepting applications for the Value-Added Producer Grant (VAPG) program.
The objective of this grant program is to assist viable Independent Producers, Agricultural Producer Groups, Farmer and Rancher Cooperatives, and Majority-Controlled Producer-Based Businesses in starting or expanding value-added activities related to the processing and/or marketing of Value-Added Agricultural Products.
VAPG Program provides grants for planning activities or working capital expenses related to producing and marketing a value-added agricultural product.
Planning activities may include conducting feasibility studies and developing business plans. Working capital expenses may include costs associated with processing, marketing, advertising, inventory and salaries.
USDA is particularly interested in applications that will advance Biden-Harris Administration priorities to:
- Reduce climate pollution and increase resilience to the impacts of climate change through
economic support to rural communities.
- Ensure all rural residents have equitable access to Rural Development (RD) programs and
benefits from RD-funded projects; and
- Help rural communities recover economically through more and better market opportunities
and through improved infrastructure.
You may receive priority if you are:
- Beginning farmer or rancher.
- Socially-disadvantaged farmer or rancher.
- Small or medium-sized farm.
- Ranch structured as a family farm.
- Farmer or rancher cooperative.
- Proposing a mid-tier value chain
- Independent Producer.
- Agricultural Producer Group.
- Farmer or Rancher Cooperative or Majority-Controlled Producer-Based Business Venture.
- Federally-recognized tribes and tribal entities must demonstrate that they meet the definition requirements for one of the four eligible applicant types.
Cost share match requirement of 100 percent of the grant amount required for all applications.
FUNDING AVAILABLE AND APPLICATION WINDOW:
PROGRAM FUNDING: Approximately $30 million.
MAXIMUM GRANT AMOUNT: Planning Grants $75,000; Working Capital Grants: $250,000.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Submit application by April 11, 2024