Cannabis Cultivation Efficiency? Greenhouses vs. Indoor vs. Outdoor operations?
In the same way cannabis laws vary state by state, county by county across the country, so too do the best practices for commercial cannabis cultivation. The first hurdles that must be cleared in the decision-making process are the regulatory and legal ones:
- Depending on your location, the local and state regulations may govern what types of structures are allowable for commercial cannabis cultivation.
- The next issue to consider are building and operational, including the amount of time and materials used to construct the facility, as well as projections on operational costs based on the type of construction implemented.
- For cannabis cultivation efficiency, will it cost more to construct a state of the art rigid greenhouse, but experience significant operational costs including energy and water consumption?
- Does it make more sense to retrofit an existing commercial building or start from scratch?
- Does the location mean spending more on transportation if it’s in a rural area? Or does it make more sense to be located closer to others in your supply chain?
Large renewable energy and biochemical consulting firms certainly have experts in biofuels and renewable biofuels like bio ethanol, biodiesel, and renewable diesel, and the more common areas like biomaterials, biomass, biomass power, feedstocks, and biotechnology. In these larger consulting groups, one will also find experts in specialty areas like hemp, cannabis, algae biofuels, aviation/biojet fuels, ethanol, cellulosic ethanol, advanced biofuels, biodiesel, renewable diesel, renewable natural gas, renewable and biochemicals, biogas, syngas, biochar, bio coals, biobutanol, pyrolysis oil, producer gas, and wood pellets. It makes sense to have experienced professionals guide participants through these processes to help save time, money and headaches and get the project realized quickly and successfully.
Lee Enterprises Consulting is the world’s premier bioeconomy consulting group, with over 100 highly qualified experts serving in all these areas. Look at our experts and the services we provide. Most of our experts are also available to advise and serve as expert witnesses in bioeconomy litigation matters. For the larger projects, we specialize in putting together full service, interdisciplinary teams with one point of contact. Call us at 1+ (501) 833-8511 or email us for more information.