Within biofuels, examples of emerging technologies are:
- torrefaction to produce biocoal
- slow pyrolysis to produce biochar
- fast pyrolysis to produce pyrolysis oil and biochar
- hydrothermal carbonization to produce hydrochar
- hydrothermal liquefaction to produce biocrude
- stream treated to produce black pellets
- gasification to produce producer gas and/or syngas.
With such early-stage ventures, an important early task is to develop a pro forma for the process. The pro forma is the foundation for the financial justification of any project at any stage, and must be updated as better information becomes available. The design and analysis of the pro forma is a major factor in investment decisions and design of the technology roadmap to bring the technology to commercialization.
At Lee Enterprises Consulting, we have a number of highly qualified emerging biofuels experts available to assist you with any emerging biofuel related matter. Feel free to call or email us for more information.